At Instinct, we sometimes get called in to save the day, when a home
technology project has gotten off track or the tradespeople involved don’t have the technical expertise to deliver the outcome.
This is usually not anyone’s fault – sometimes what starts out as a simple audio-visual installation can morph into a full blown home automation. Doing your homework can deliver a better result in functionality, design and budget.
If you can honestly answer the following questions to the best of your ability, then you are ready to call in the technology experts.
- How technology savvy are you and your family? Take into account the least savvy person who will be using the technology.
- What solutions do you want your system to provide?
- What are your current frustrations with technology and/or products tight now?
- What features do you like the most in your home?
- Where do you spend most of the time in your home?
- How do you communicate through your home?
- Is energy conservation important to you?
- What atmosphere do you want your space to have?
- Do you have any special needs for those living in your home? Illness, disability, elderly
- Will you be entertaining groups?
- Who will use the space? What age groups?
- What activities will the space be used for?
- Where do you watch television? How often do you watch television?
- Do you have music playing in the background? What rooms/areas?
- What is your existing internet connection/service? How many people are using it? Is it meeting your needs?
- What security needs do you have?
- Will you be there while the work is being done?
- What is your budget? What technologies are most important?
- Do you have a completion date for the project?
At Instinct we can take your answers to these questions and create a home technology system that is right for you. Contact our team now and book a time to discuss your home technology project and how we can support you.